Sunday 22 February 2015

Research memo- Beatrix Potter-

As I'm going to make a children book, I've been researching children's book author. And I was reading about Beatrix Potter who is the author of "Peter Rabbit". I have already seen the movie "Ms potter", but there were still so many things I didn't know.
My image of Ms potter was the woman who loves animals, who enjoy staying  natures and very relaxing. But it seemed she was also the person who was well organized and  very clever.  The surprising thing I found today was that she enjoyed keeping diaries but she had written in a special code which she created, so that no body can understand.
I wish I could do the same thing. I have kept writing my diary in my notebook, but so far everyone can understand very easily as long as they were able to understand Japanese.

These are recommended books to read if you are interested in her story.


■Susan E. Meyer, 1997. A Treasury of the Great Children's Book Illustrators. Reprint Edition. Harry N. Abrams, Inc., Publishers.
■Margaret Lane, 1978. The Magic Years of Beatrix Potter. Library Binding Edition. Warne.

No comments:

Post a Comment