Wednesday 15 April 2015

Preparing for the exhibiton -I love his work-

everyone's work
After yesterday's submission, we have started preparing for our final exhibition which start in 2weeks (from 28th of April). 

10:30am, their was announcement about where each student's work will exhibit. There are 6 galleries in our college. The lists showed us which gallery we were chosen for.  It reminded me of the announcements of entrance exam's results in Japanese universities.

Mine said "US", at first I didn't get it. Why US, not UK?
But later, I found out that it was "Upper Street Gallery" where I walk through everyday.
I was very happy because one of my best friend was chosen to the same gallery as well. When we showed our works each other, we were saying that it would be wonderful if we could exhibit in same gallery. And it seems our wish is becoming true!!

11:30am, we had an inductions about setting our works tomorrow. I can't really imagine what it will be like 400works in 6 galleries.

Me and my friend went to the flat copy studio. It's took 2hours to finish taking all pictures. But it was still smooth since we have worked together to shoot books in flat copy studio for several times before.


I love his work!! His work is amazing!!!!
Project "Food" by Daniel Faltys
I just can't believe why he is able to make such such beautiful works.
Everything is so detailed. He is very calm and relaxing person normally. But I can tell that when he come to make his work, he gets an obsession with materials and design. The great thing is that he knows what he wants to make from very beginning, so that he focuses on making his final piece with well planned.

Obviously, our styles are opposite. maybe that is why we are very good friend as we miss some of our parts each other. 
I'm like I don't really know what my final piece will be until the last minute. Even if I planned very carefully, I always get a something completely different piece in the end. It's actually not only about my art work, maybe my daily life too.

He often wonders why I gets into trouble easily in my daily life. And I often wonder why he can keep so calm and so smart with what he does. The one of the reason might be that he does what he can expect, while I just do.

My sketchbooks are full of my junk and it's hard to close as I stick everything I like. But his sketchbooks are so simple and beautiful.

I really admire his style and appreciate what he is.
I'm looking forward to seeing his future.

But I hope he stop talking about cakes someday(His obsession about cakes are crazy!!). lol

No comments:

Post a Comment