Tuesday 31 March 2015

★Bologna Children's Book Fair★

I finally arrived Bologna Children's Book Fair!!!
I had no idea what was going on inside of the building, but it was bigger than I expected and very crowded.
More than 1000 exhibitors were coming from all over the world and thousands of people were there such as literary agents, licensees, packagers, distributors, printers, booksellers, and librarian, illustrators and authors.

In some booth, you were able to buy books.

The majority of booths were busy with meeting such as trading rights.

Of course, there were many Italian publishers. Their books were amazing. It was pity that I couldn't read Italian.

A few publisher kindly spared their time for young illustrators to give them feedback for their portfolio. People were making queue for them. I did too.

There were thousands of children's picture books. Surprisingly I have seen many Japanese books there. Some publisher told me Japan has a long history of children's picture book, which I didn't realize before.

There was illustrator's exhibition.

There were some spaces for illustrators to put their name cards on.
woohoooo so many! there are thousands of name cards. This is the real world!!

Many of publishers were there for making contracts with other publishers, so it was not so easy to find someone who could spare their time for us, but I have visited almost all booths in 2days and had great opportunities to get a lot of useful feedback for my work.

The first time in the international bookfair was very thrilling. But this experience made me feel that I want to make more illustrations, stories and books.

I will definitely come back here in the future:)

No comments:

Post a Comment