Monday 16 March 2015

Making pictures-Marbling-


I was planning to use only watercolors and ink to my current picture book.

However I had been wanted to try making marbling colours by myself without buying expensive special marbling colours. I found the information from the internet that it would work same as marbling colours that if I mix the gel of laundry starch and oil colours together. But although I have been to more than ten shops to find laundry starch in London, they said they don’t sell that kind of things. So, Instead of gel type, I was able to buy the spray type of laundry starch.

After dropping oil colours in the tray filled with water, I sprayed laundry starch into water.  It didn’t work!! The oil colours didn’t stick to the paper completely.

So, I added the leftover of my marbling colours from my previous project and watercolors. It somehow worked interesting way. But, there ware some white spaces in the works of marbling.
maybe, I can cut them??






I wanted to have a liquid type!!
leftovers saved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment