Friday 20 March 2015

The one thing I like about London....

I was re-editing the story I made for children's book and I found that the main character is really like me.I always try to think is a positive way but honestly I'm so "chicken" and I don't have much confidence myself. I sometimes think like I might be the most stupid person in the world. Maybe there is no such kind of ranking but I used to feel in that way a lot especially when I unconsciously done something very different from others at school or at work in Japan.

Now, I know it wasn't really mistake, I was just thinking in a different way and the other people had similar minds. It is the one of the reason why I feel so comfortable living in London compared to Japan. I love Japan, my home country, But even in such a big city like a Tokyo, there are not so many people from out side of Japan. It is clear that the country lack in the variety of different cultures. The most of them are Japanese, they grew up in similar environments and speak Japanese. It might be a good thing as things can be organized easily in a way and we have been able to create our own Japanese exciting culture!! But I also like the atmosphere in London where everyone is from different countries, having their own back ground, cultures and It's natural to have completely different values depends on the person.

Anyway, while I was searching what is "Talent", I reached to this Ted talks video. 
It was interesting, I guess I want to have a teacher like him if I were to join primary school again!!

"Ken Robinson: How schools kill creativity"(compared to the impression of title, it was more friendly and so entertaining!!)https://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment