Friday 6 March 2015

The Journey of Bookshops in London4 -Material-

I went to a bookshop journey again today.

My friend took me to the bookshop called "Material".
It was so pretty and  I like it very much.
They had many design, food and travel books including modern children's picture books.

Also I went the bookartbookshop again.
I've got to chance to show my previous book called "My place" to the manager and she gave me feedback.

What mainly she told me about was that it's not really for independent book shop, it's more for publishing. I was surprised to know myself that I had never thought careful about the genre of my book. I mean I knew it's a picture book for children. But I learned it's important to know what you want to do with your book.

Do you want to sell books for many people? Do you want to display in the gallery? Do you want to make a something very unique which is more for visual?
....I guess I haven't thought about them well.
Her advice today really helped me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment